Some Thoughts on Releases (Kludge and the Future)

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Feb 26 10:17:55 CET 2007

Am Samstag 24 Februar 2007 schrieb Allen Winter:

> - I was a bit stunned to see the announcement mention "summer 2007"
>   for the KDE4.0 release.  maybe for an SDK we can hit that target. maybe.
>    but it's good to have a goal.

Sorry, but you release SDKs _after_ a product was released. Everything else
are technology previews - and we had enough of them. If kdepim can't make that
deadline, be it. But I won't accept that akonady plans dominate the KDE4
deadline. We need to hammer the workspace into shape and polish the libraries
in mini steps during that and then release. And summer 2007 sounds _perfect_
for that.

Greetings, Stephan