Joining the Party

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 16:46:41 CET 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 14:57:29 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> - What are the important changes in this new snapshot?
>
> For me, it is almost 4 months of development with various smaller
> milestones: * kdelibs has been cleaned up a lot, kdecore is X11 dependency
> free
>   * non-X11 builds have improved a lot
>   * MVC concepts have been introduced in some areas of kdelibs
>   * sonnet has been merged
>   * dolphin has entered kdebase
>
> There are probably quite some other things that I'm missing, please help to
> complete the list.

I'd put it like the following:
	- platform independance vastly improved, the first KDE apps are able to run
	  on Windows and Mac now
	- Sonnet merged and available for developer consumption
	- Dolphin as new filemanager

I'll try to write up a draft now.
--
sebas

Man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and
social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor
way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after
death. -  Albert Einstein