[KDE4] Next development snapshot coming up

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Feb 13 21:52:14 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 5:37:54 am Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13. February 2007 00:53, Allen Winter wrote:
>
> > > This will be the very last developer snapshot, next milestone will be
> > > Alpha1.
> > I assume you mean kdelibs only?  If so, I think this is a good idea.
>
> This is something I was hoping to discuss the next few days, but I haven't
> found the time to actually write the email about it :)
>
> Fact is: we're far behind on the application front. the libraries are already
> in comparably good shape. it is probably one option to consider to split the
> KDE 4 release schedule into libs, desktop and applications, and let each of
> them finish at different times.

Seems reasonable to release the libs first.  Probably should include kdepimlibs
(and kdegraphicslibs) as well.

We could call it the KDE4.0 Software Developers Kit (KDE4.0 SDK).
Heck, we could ship apidox html and man pages with it.  And tools
to help with porting apps (montel's scripts, cmakelint.pl, etc.)

> > I will be very embarrassed when amarok, k3b,digikam,... are fully ported
> > to KDE4 before most of the kdepim module.
>
> those are extragear, and are not part of "KDE" anyway.

Nevertheless, I will still be embarrassed.

--
KDEPIM Developer
I accept PayPal payments to awinterz at earthlink.net