[KDE4] Next development snapshot coming up

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Feb 13 11:37:54 CET 2007

On Tuesday, 13. February 2007 00:53, Allen Winter wrote:

> > This will be the very last developer snapshot, next milestone will be
> > Alpha1.
> I assume you mean kdelibs only?  If so, I think this is a good idea.

This is something I was hoping to discuss the next few days, but I haven't
found the time to actually write the email about it :)

Fact is: we're far behind on the application front. the libraries are already
in comparably good shape. it is probably one option to consider to split the
KDE 4 release schedule into libs, desktop and applications, and let each of
them finish at different times.

> I will be very embarrassed when amarok, k3b,digikam,... are fully ported
> to KDE4 before most of the kdepim module.

those are extragear, and are not part of "KDE" anyway.

Dirk