Modules and Maintainers

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Dec 12 22:04:20 CET 2007

Howdy,

For 4.x, where x >=1, I think we need to require maintainers for all our modules.

And, I think we need to consider consolidating some modules out of existence.
We might consider merging kdeutils, kdeaccessibility and kdetoys for example
back into the larger modules or into extragear.

If we had a kdesdk maintainer this person would have been more aware
of the kompare issue and hopefully would have handled it better than I.

And there are still apps that haven't been ported, with their code laying
around in trunk.  We should have a list of each application with its maintainer.

Anyway... something to think about for the near future.

-Allen