kdewebdev in KDE 4.0

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Wed Dec 5 00:28:11 CET 2007

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 23:04:32 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 December 2007 18:49:02 Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 November 2007 13:29:53 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > >  there was a discussion in October about this issue, but as someone
> > > brought my attention to it (I build from svn and didn't read the whole
> > > announcement), it seems that kdewebdev was still missing in RC1.
> > > I'd like to see a kdewebdev tarball in 4.0 (RC2 and the rest) with the
> > > following applications:
> > > KLinkStatus
> > > KFileReplace
> >
> > Sorry to insist, but I spent a lot of time working in the KDE4 port and I
> > would like to see KLinkStatus somehow included in the release.
> >
> > I don't know if I missed some emails, but I didn't see any replies. Is
> > this something out of the release team scope? Anyway, can you give me
> > advise on whether the application should be moved to another module or
> > whatelse?
>
> It's only within release-team scope if there's no module maintainer, and
> then it's probably more k-c-d scope.
>
> But if I understand Andras well, he's asking to include kdewebdev in 4.0,
> with only 2 apps. Those would be KLinkStatus and KFileReplace. So you
> should be peachy, no?

I just checked what peachy means, and I'm glad you were not being blunt :)

Well, it's just that we asked for kdewebdev inclusion since two releases ago,
and kdewebdev tarball was still missing in the beta and in RC1, and we didn't
have any response since that. Currently all applications in kdewebdev are
enable by default in CMakeLists.txt, perhaps this is a problem?

Paulo