[dymo at ukrpost.ua: Re: 3 new templates for KDev3]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 19:09:31 CEST 2007

Hi,

below find a message from Alexander on the kdevelop-devel list regarding
how to proceed with KDevelop3.4. Currently we have 3 people with
ready-to-be-used patches that introduce a couple of user
visible strings and we're trying to find a good way of putting these
into kdevelop3.4 without too much overhead for everybody.

See his mail (quoted at the end) for the options we have - basically the
question is if we can get an unfreeze for kdevelop before the next KDE
3.5 release (if there will be none, this whole discussion is of course
needless and we can just release on our own) or have to branch again and
live with untranslated parts in kdevelop3.4.2?

We would like to be in the next KDE 3.5 release, as that spares us some
extra work and it makes sure that our strings are updated (which doesn't
happen for the branch without extra effort).

Why KDevelop qualifies for an exception - IMHO: KDev3.4 will probably
stay around for much longer than most of the rest of KDE 3.5. We're
currently aiming a first release of 4.0 around KDE 4.1 and its not quite
clear how much of the pretty rock solid KDev3 will be done at that time.

Andreas

----- Forwarded message from Alexander Dymo <dymo at ukrpost.ua> -----