Hold Kopete out of KDE 4.0 final

Clarence Dang clarenced at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Aug 21 13:41:55 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 17:15, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Saturday, 11. August 2007, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > I gave up keeping up with kdelibs and just have a branch that I merge
> > into trunk/ every so often.
>
> Thats fine, but I think we're beyond that state now and it should be fine
> to keep up with kdelibs, as the number of source incompatible changes
> should be very minimal. If thats not the case, it would be better to speak
> up than to hide in a private branch.

Basically, the minimal changes that happen are enough to stop me from
committing changes in the same file since I can't "svn update" the file,
because I don't recompile kdelibs often.  That will change though since it's
getting closer to the release and I have to start testing that the app
integrates with KDE.

However, changes in the API that affect virtually every .cpp file I have, even
when the "core library APIs are frozen solid", are very irritating.  See
kDebug.

> BTW, I remember that there was once a rule in KDE SVN that in order to have
> your application in the release cycle it should be primarly developed as
> part of it, not in some private branch that is then tossed over os in one
> swamp.

Oops :)  I'll fix that first thing tomorrow.

I think kdelibs should be ok now.

Clarence