Hold Kopete out of KDE 4.0 final

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 09:15:58 CEST 2007

On Saturday, 11. August 2007, Clarence Dang wrote:

> I gave up keeping up with kdelibs and just have a branch that I merge into
> trunk/ every so often.

Thats fine, but I think we're beyond that state now and it should be fine to
keep up with kdelibs, as the number of source incompatible changes should be
very minimal. If thats not the case, it would be better to speak up than to
hide in a private branch.

BTW, I remember that there was once a rule in KDE SVN that in order to have
your application in the release cycle it should be primarly developed as part
of it, not in some private branch that is then tossed over os in one swamp.

Dirk