applications frozen?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Aug 9 23:08:24 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 4:48:01 pm Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> About a month ago there was some discussion[1] of pushing the applications
> freeze date back to August 25th, instead of July 26th (i.e., with beta2
> instead of beta1).  I don't think we reached a decision in that thread,
> though, so I'd like to revive the discussion.
>
> Are applications now frozen against new features or not?
>
> thanks,
> Jason
>
> [1]: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2007-July/000455.html

According to the milestones, we should be now frozen for
the public API, for application features, and for new i18n strings.

According to the milestones, we should be only bug-fixing at this stage
(of course we have the exempted stuff, like Plasma).  We are 2.5 months
away from the scheduled 4.0.0 release.

OK, so we didn't stick to our original milestones.  Not surprising.

Let's figure out how to proceed from here.

Proposals?
-Allen