General Application Cleanup

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Apr 25 10:26:09 CEST 2007

Hi Urs,

Thanks for bringing this up!

In the kdeedu module in trunk, we did not port KEduca which was broken and
unmaintained.

We are left with 4 unmaintained programs.

Kanagram: maintainer was inactive but might be active again during/after
summer
KPercentage & KBruch: small math programs, unmaintained but ported, work quite
well.

We agreed to keep those 3 in the module. There is some work to do on Kanagram
though. We intend to do a "QA audit" for those 3 programs in order to fix
bugs. Maybe an IRC week-end.

KLatin is unmaintained and nobody is interested to have an eye on it. So far
there have been no objections to remove it. most of the data can still be
used by other progs (KWordQuiz and KVocTrain) so there's not really any loss
for potential users.

So the plan so far is to blackhole KLatin and to keep the rest with work to do
on Kanagram.
The plan is also to integrate Marble and maybe KAlgebra and Step, depending on
how advanced they are.

Cheers,

Anne-Marie