compiler for KDE4/win32 binary packages

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Apr 12 12:25:07 CEST 2007

Stephan Kulow said the following, On 2007-04-12 11:00:

>>> I can see how it could matter for the reader of kdelibs.com - but why
>>> would it
>>> matter for those downloading the release? Is there something I don't see?
>> The Problem for the user is that he downloads a program compiled for mingw
>> but only has installed msvc libs which does not work. -> The user is
>> confused.
>
> When you say msvc libs you're talking about kdelibs compiled with msvc, right?
> If we only support mingw shipments as you suggest, I don't see that danger. I
> see no advantage for shipping msvc too - beside to developers. And these libs
> we need to hide well under cryptic names :)

I thought the goal is to have libs for both compilers kept even in one dir,
thanks to prefixes/suffixes?
Users do not care - chances are some apps will be available as msvc-only and
some as mingw-only, just because developers preference. Users want latest
stable version of an app...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek