[rekonq] Instapaper support in Rekonq

Siteshwar siteshwar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 15:30:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I started playing with Instapaper's API last week. But I realized that it
was very restrictive and you can't list bookmarks using it until you're a
subscribed (paid) user. So I built a small application using Webkit. It
runs in system tray, and shows notification about pages saved for reading
later when user is idle. It can also be used to add articles on Instapaper.
Sources can be found here:

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch/siteshwarv/ipr.git&a=summary

I parse Html page to get list of articles saved on server (easily breakable
solution), but later on I realized same could be achieved using RSS feed of
a folder in Instapaper. So if we want to implement same solution in Rekonq,
we can use RSS. As someone pointed out we should do it using a plugin, and
I am still unsure about plugin support in Rekonq.

Regards,
Siteshwar