[rekonq] Rekonq Settings

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Wed Mar 21 08:12:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Marc Deop <damnshock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 March 2012 11:26:18 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
>> While working on them, I was thinking on... isn't it time to move
>> settings to an "about:settings" window in the same way chrom* does,
>> letting users to change them on the fly (which means,  NO MORE
>> ok-apply-cancel buttons)?
>> What do you think about?
>
> I honestly do not like that aproach. To me seems like having an obscure, hidden an non intuitive way to get to the settings of the application.

Do you mean obscure because a user must type about:settings to get to
the settings?

> If our concern is to avoid having to click on "Apply" or "Ok" we could find a way to automatically apply any change done in the settings window.

I may be a bit too old school but, when using auto-applied config
dialogs, I never really trust the dialog so I end up thinking "this is
not working because it didn't apply the settings". We should state
very clearly that the settings are auto applied so that people like me
can build up trust :P plus you don't want mobile users to go scrolling
around searching for an Ok button.

David E. Narváez