[rekonq] Google Bookmarks Sync

Siteshwar siteshwar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:51:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

As Lindsay said we are using an unofficial version of Google Bookmarks
api (hidden web browser login), so we won't be able to use app
specifiec keys. I can add support for two factor authentication, but
it will be annoying to enter verification code each time bookmarks are
checked on sever ( See my previous mail), so we can choose to support
two factor authentication only through sync wizard where we can
provide a checkbox to enable two factor authentication and
verification key can be entered in next step after login.

On 6/6/12, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 10:08, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On 6 June 2012 08:05, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at kubuntu.org> wrote:
>>> Can't be, I've used them with KDE Telepathy and it just works, as do all
>>> my
>>> android devices.
>>
>> Actually its probably because  Telepathy is using a std internet
>> protocol (Jabber) which like SMTP, POP & IMAP doesn't have support for
>> google 2-step auth built in, whereas the google api's do.
>>

> Ok, I looked up the docs and took a look at the src.
>
> 1. I hadn't realised that google bookmark sync is not an official API,
> and is not officially documented but has been reverse engineered. I
> presume you're using the docs from:
>
>     http://code.google.com/p/gmarks-android/wiki/BookmarksAPI
>
> or some such.
>
> 2. Since the sync is being done using a hidden web browser app
> specific passwords will not work.
>

> --
> Lindsay

Regards,