[rekonq] [RFC] Cloning Tabs with History

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Sun Feb 26 14:23:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When feature was requested, I remember people asking for a way to
> "duplicate" a tab with an URL. And I see this as the most common use case
> for a "clone". Note also that no one complained about it :)

Well, although not a feature I would have killed for, I remember
thinking it would be better to keep the tab history. Now that I'm
working on draggable tabs, I think the need for preserving the dragged
tab history is a bit more clear, and I wanted to unify what "Clone
Tab" and dragging a tab do (because dragging a tab to another instance
is basically cloning it in the other instance and closing the
original).

> Just let me finish saying that if you want to change implementation and
> "improve" it completely cloning the tab (ie copying the tab history) you are
> obviously welcome.

Ok, I'll submit a patch and see if its popular :) Thanks for your repy.

David E. Narváez