[rekonq] MIME Types in the Code

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Sat Feb 25 12:01:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

While working on the draggale tabs I noticed we are using a MIME type
called application/rekonq-bookmark to pass around bookmarks in the
code. I have two comments/proposals on that:

1. Since this is no official MIME type, but an extension of ours, it
should be named application/x-rekonq-bookmark to indicate its status
of "new".
2. I often like to bind the value of a string associated to the
description of a class to the class itself. In the draggableTabs
branch you can see I added the MIME type of a WebTab as a static
method of that class, which provides a centralized place to alter it
if needed.

So, how bad would it be to change the MIME type to
application/x-rekonq-bookmark? Is this name referenced elsewhere
outside Rekonq? Would it be ok to centralize the string in a static
method of a class in the  Bookmarks code? (By quick inspection, a
suitable class looks to be BookmarkManager).

I can take care of these changes if we agree to do them.

David E. Narváez