[rekonq] Mentors for SoK

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:56:30 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 24 April 2012 11:50:39 Arjun Basu wrote:

Hello,

I am Arjun. I applied for GSoC this year on the topic "Write a Kdegame using
QML(Qt Quick)" under KDEgames. Unfortunately I wasn't selected. Nonetheless I
would like to participate in Season of KDE. I don't have an exact project idea
on what I am going to do but there is one thing that I have thought of. The
Ctrl+Tab feature in rekonq serially switches the tabs that are open like most
browsers. However there is a great feature in opera which provides a nice
interface while performing the Ctrl+Tab operation. It shows the list of tabs
and like Alt+Tab in dolphin , it remembers the order of switching of tabs
which makes it very easy to work with two or more tabs simultaneously. This
can be implemented in rekonq I think as a SoK project. It would be great if
someone could mentor me on this idea. I am willing to work on any other idea
too if there's one available.

My Proposal is available here https://google-
melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/arjbasu/1, if anyone
wants to take a look

Hi Arjun,
I'm happy you'd like to work on some rekonq things. Unfortunately in this
period I really cannot take more things up. I hope someone in the ml would
jump in about.

Good luck,

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org