[rekonq] Mentors for SoK

Arjun Basu arjunkbasu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 06:20:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am Arjun. I applied for GSoC this year on the topic "Write a Kdegame
using QML(Qt Quick)" under KDEgames. Unfortunately I wasn't selected.
Nonetheless I would like to participate in Season of KDE. I don't have an
exact project idea on what I am going to do but there is one thing that I
have thought of. The Ctrl+Tab feature in rekonq serially switches the tabs
that are open like most browsers. However there is a great feature in opera
which provides a nice interface while performing the Ctrl+Tab operation. It
shows the list of tabs and like Alt+Tab in dolphin , it remembers the order
of switching of tabs which makes it very easy to work with two or more tabs
simultaneously. This can be implemented in rekonq I think as a SoK project.
It would be great if someone could mentor me on this idea. I am willing to
work on any other idea too if there's one available.

My Proposal is available here
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/arjbasu/1,
if anyone wants to take a look

--