[rekonq] Re: Help on debugging rekonq

Pierre Rossi pierre.rossi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:49:05 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 09:23, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Me and Pierre were discussing the same issue on IRC a few yesterdays i
> think.
> According to Pierre it could be a issue with QWeakPointer's and we should
> use QScopedPointers.
> Regards
> Rohan Garg
>

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Benjamin Poulain <
> benjamin.poulain at nokia.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/17/2011 10:40 PM, ext Andrea Diamantini wrote:
>> > #6 0xb468dfde in QWebView::page() const () from
>> /opt/qt/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4
>> >
>> > #7 0xb2c1a21a in WebView::page (this=0x19) at
>> > /SW/SRC/rekonq/src/webview.cpp:133
>>
>> Looks like the webtab is already deleted and give you invalid references
>> to the view.
>>
>> How does the urlbar get the webtab pointer?
>>
>> If you find how reproduce it somehow, valgrind's memcheck should help
>> you find the source of the problem. Do not forget "--smc-check=all" when
>> running with WebKit.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Benjamin

Actually, I believe it was a very different issue, since the backtraces are
totally different:
http://paste.kde.org/~shadeslayer/2488/

And that's not quite the conclusion I drew of this conversation, but my
attention was drawn towards the fact that we were using QWeakPointer without
a QSharedPointer, which seemed weird at first.
In any case, for those who are curious, here's where the discussion led:

http://doc.trolltech.com/latest/qweakpointer.html#tracking-qobject

and the commit that made this possible:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/021a116d48a1df3624ad2221a418f1585f7ec4f8

Both are a bit of a mystery to me, but if you guys have a way of reproducing
either of those crashes, I'm willing to investigate.

Cheers,
--
Pierre