[rekonq] Re: Using git for review

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:53:58 CET 2011

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 17:24:48 Pierre Rossi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 14:30, Benjamin Poulain
>
> > Can we consider moving back to gitorious? (or any system alike you
> > prefer) and just mirror git.kde.org?

No :(

While I'm one of the promoters of the discussion in k-c-d and it's perfectly
clear to me that gitorious works really better than reviewboard, considering
our workflow, I also am aware that we ARE a KDE project and I don't want to
minimize the HUGE work done by our sysadmins implementing the git
infrastructure.
the gitolite + cgit choice is really good and while the reviewboard one is not
so good as the others, I think we should work INSIDE the community to fix and
improve the things we don't like and/or would better.

I also think that, given a group of developers, let's say the "rekonq group",
it should not be super hard implementing a system to automagically push/update
a remote clone on reviewboard, adding in the description the name of the
remote branch, so that the reviewer can (again, automagically) pull it.

Last think I miss from gitorious is the ability for the reviewer to close the
submitted/rejected requests. There are around 5 now in our reviewboard.

This will improve our current workflow, IMHO at the level of the gitorious
times, and will let us continue being an "innovative" group in the KDE
community.

Regards,

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org