[rekonq] detachTab bug

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:42:06 UTC 2011

On Monday 08 August 2011 10:43:11 Pierre Rossi wrote:
> Hi Tirtha,
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 17:03, Tirtha Chatterjee <
>
> tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In mainview.cpp, in detachTab method, we have these lines
> >
> > if (u.scheme() == QL1S("about"))
> >
> >    {
> >
> >        closeTab(index);
> >        rApp->loadUrl(u, Rekonq::NewWindow);
> >
> >    }
> >    else
> >    {...
> >
> > This is causing a bug. detachTab(index, toWindow = 0) takes the window
> > as an argument, but if the tab is an about:*** page, it opens in a
> > completely new window. So why this special condition? any clues?
> > git blame tells me Pierre and Andrea wrote this code, so please help me
> > :-) The bug is especially important to me since i am using detachTab()
> > to allow the drag-drop between active sessions in the panorama.
>
> You might very well have uncovered a bug, don't know.
>
> The commit that introduced it seems to
> be 6d9f18a4ff82fa620d35f21da32c6a7bea7f0eaf
> I suspect Andrea is the right person to ask about it, I'll see if I can
> catch him during the day. But in general I'd be okay with removing as much
> as possible of the "about" scheme based logic, the rationale behind that is
> that I'd like these pages to be just "like any other page" (well it can't be
> exactly but, as close as it can get will be good enough).
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Pierre

If I can remember well, that code comes from the previous detachTab
management.
In fact "detaching" feature has, more or less, this history:
- first the detach was: close & load a new window
- then we added the WebTab::url(), (for other reasons, too) that let us
"manage" the urls webkit is not aware
- then, someone (Pierre?) added the ability to detach a tab and eventually
adding to another window.
Long story short, try removing it and if everything works, add a review
request for master, so we can fix it ASAP and people can de/attach also about
url tabs to another windows.

Regards,

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org