[rekonq] detachTab bug

Pierre Rossi pierre.rossi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:43:11 UTC 2011

Hi Tirtha,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 17:03, Tirtha Chatterjee <
tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com> wrote:

> In mainview.cpp, in detachTab method, we have these lines
>
> if (u.scheme() == QL1S("about"))
>    {
>        closeTab(index);
>        rApp->loadUrl(u, Rekonq::NewWindow);
>    }
>    else
>    {...
>
> This is causing a bug. detachTab(index, toWindow = 0) takes the window
> as an argument, but if the tab is an about:*** page, it opens in a
> completely new window. So why this special condition? any clues?
> git blame tells me Pierre and Andrea wrote this code, so please help me :-)
> The bug is especially important to me since i am using detachTab() to
> allow the drag-drop between active sessions in the panorama.

You might very well have uncovered a bug, don't know.

The commit that introduced it seems to
be 6d9f18a4ff82fa620d35f21da32c6a7bea7f0eaf
I suspect Andrea is the right person to ask about it, I'll see if I can
catch him during the day. But in general I'd be okay with removing as much
as possible of the "about" scheme based logic, the rationale behind that is
that I'd like these pages to be just "like any other page" (well it can't be
exactly but, as close as it can get will be good enough).

Cheers,

--
Pierre