[rekonq] Re: 0.7 Development: TABS UP

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at liwjatan.at
Tue Sep 28 11:54:29 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 28 September 2010 11:47:06 Jon Ander Peñalba wrote:
> I've been trying the TABS_UP_BRANCH and I have to say I prefer tabs as they
> are in 0.6. The only good thing about Chrome's UI is that it gains space by
> using the title bar for the tabs, but we don't do that.

The idea behind having the tabs on top is to give a visual indication that the
addressbar is now a member of the tab instead of the whole application (also
for all other ui components that connect to the page content rather than the
application itself).
That being said I haven't looked at the new UI layout yet, so I cannot say if
this is true for rekonq or not. But from what I remember that was one of the
reasons the chrome developers mentioned in the beginning.

Grs,
Heinz