[rekonq] 0.7 Development: TABS UP

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 01:12:30 CEST 2010

  On 09/25/2010 03:26 AM, Markus Slopianka wrote:
> Can somebody please explain to me why since a while web browsers have to defy GUI
> standards?
> It's bad enough that Rekonq doesn't have an optional menu bar. If in 0.7 tabs are moved to
> somewhere else than below the toolbar, I'll quit using Rekonq. I want a coherent GUI
> throughout my workspace and if some GTK-based browser ends up with a GUI that follows the
> KDE HIGs closer than a KDE app, I'll use that one.
>
> If you want tabs on top, use KWin's tabbing feature or use Chrome.
>
> You wanted our opinions. That's mine.
> Markus
Hi Markus,
and thanks for your reply. I'd like anyway to say that I don't really
understand your points. All the applications I use IMHO break what you
call the "GUI standard". Can you explain me why amarok has 3 panels, but
no mainview? And why okular has that strange bar on the left, instead of
using a panel for? I ever wanted move it to the right part. Dolphin has
this nice "address bar" that is not part of the toolbar. And so I cannot
move it where I prefer. And where are menubar & statusbar in
systemsettings? Wanna talk about konsole? Or about...

If I want tabs on top, I don't understand why I should use KWin's
tabbing feature. Or Chrome. I can implement it on my self in rekonq. And
I'm quite confident that in the way things will be, it will be a nice
and improving feature, not just a tab move.

If you wanna quit using rekonq you are obviously free to do it. What I'm
sure I understand and I surely wont permit is someone trying
blackmailing me/us saying something like "if you do/don't do this, I'll
quit doing/using/saying that".

Regards,
Andrea.