[rekonq] [ANNOUNCE] rekonq 0.6 stable release

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 17:20:38 CEST 2010

2010/9/13 <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com>

> The disadvantages is that we no longer have native widgets. So we can have
> problems with stuff like contextual menu and modal dialog which we should be
> careful with.
>
> This is something we can live with...

> This can also be used to implement more easily stuff like a preview of all
> tab opened in the current window (like topsite of safari but with live
> websites).
>
> This will be super fantastic! We can also basically embed all the plasma
stuffs as originally planned..

> I am personally not a fan of GraphicsView, because it makes the rendering
> pipeline incredibly complex. But that is unfortunately the best way to get
> hardware acceleration with openGL for web content, and unfortunately the
> only way to get 3D transforms for the next ~6 months.

Here is the "crucial" point. This eventual switch in rekonq will be
"epocal". No return back (to WebView) for it. Are things just going slower
for webview than for graphicswebview? That is, is it possible WebView will
have THE SAME features GraphicsWebView has, just (let's say) one year later?
I'm thinking about mailing the QtWebKit list for an hint. Do you think it is
a good choice?