[rekonq] history search results in urlbar dropdown menu

Mateusz Jasiński matt1606 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:48:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

Started to use rekonq, version 0.6.0, git checkout from 14.09.2010. I've
noticed a problem in displaying history search results in the urlbar dropdown
menu.

I've investigated thr problem and it's line 357 of urlresolver.cpp.

Before displaying the history search result the list, which is being correctly
fetched by historyManager->finf(QString&) function call, is then filtered by
_searchEnginesRegexp.indexIn() call. This function call does not allow to add
the result to _history list, preventing it to be displayed in the dropdown
menu.

My temporary proposal is to comment out the if statement in line 357 of
urlresolver.cpp or fix the corresponding filtering code. After cmmenting out
this line, history search results are corerctly displayed. I rather dont' have
the time to investigate further the code of this search engine. I'm also not
filling bug report against this issue - addressing it on this mailing list
should be enough.

Regards,
--
Mateusz Jasiński