[rekonq] Fwd: Re: Rekonq docs

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Sep 11 15:33:17 CEST 2010

написане Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:44:57 +0300, Panagiotis Papadopoulos
<pano_90 at gmx.net>:

> Forward this message to our mailing list.
>
> The docs on userbase really seem to be more complete than our current
> docbook.
> It might be a good idea too adopt the userbase docs after the release of
> 0.6 (in the next couple of days).
> Does one of you (Burkhard/Yuri) know how/whether we can “convert” the
> userbase docs into a regular docbook?

Hi!

It can be done with a minor tweaking of wiki2docbook (from
branches/work/doc). UserBase markup constantly changes...

1) Go to http://userbase.kde.org/Special:Export
2) Export the last versions of Rekonq and Rekonq/FAQs
3) Strip away header from Rekonq page

&lt;translate&gt;
&lt;!--T:1--&gt;
{|class=vertical-centered
|[[Image:Rekonq.png|256px|thumb|left|rekonq 0.5.0]]||'''The fast, simple
WebKit-based KDE browser'''
|}&lt;/translate&gt;
&lt;translate&gt;

(it breaks wiki2docbook)

4) Divide all images-in-table tuples (they can easily be found by "||").
KDE Docbooks come without side-by-side figures.
5) Remove <keycap> and </keycap> (this new UserBase markup is inconsistent
with XML).
6) {{Input|1=something}} templates are not handled by wiki2docbook (new
UserBase markup).
7) python wiki2docbook.py KDE+UserBase-20100911131423.xml

Well, you have the docbook. Nothing more to tweak. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri