[rekonq] Bookmark widget

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 7 17:06:13 CEST 2010

On Monday 06 September 2010 09:02:06 Jon Ander Peñalba wrote:
> Hi,
> I want your opinion with a small issue in the bookmark widget.
>
> I think the url should not be shown because it takes a big part of the
> widget’s UI without giving the user any information (the url is already in
> the url bar), mosts of the times the url is too big to fit in the KLineEdit
> anyway so it looks kind of odd and the url is never editable.
>
> I've been asking a few friends and they all prefer it gone, but Andrea likes
> it as it's now, so I'd appreciate a few more opinions :)
> What do you think? are there any reasons to show the url?
>
> I've attached two screenshots showing this.

I agree with you here. The URL in the little dialog does not make much sense imho, since it is only duplicate information.
I’d prefer to replace the URL in that little dialog with a “bookmark folder” selection feature, where you can select the folder to store the bookmark in, but this obviously should be done after the release of 0.6. :-)