[rekonq] Crashes (Qt 4.7 / KDE 4.4.3)

Eelko Berkenpies kaboon at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:40:33 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Benjamin Poulain <
benjamin.poulain at nokia.com> wrote:

> ext Eelko Berkenpies wrote:
> > It might be Qt / WebKit related then. The Fedora repository's I use hold
> > a qtwebkit package besides the regular Qt build (I think). I've been
> > gone for a little while so I'll try to figure out what/which one I need
> > and if might be a Fedora specific issue. I'll get back on it tomorrow,
> > when I'm at work. :)
> >
> > Right, I wasn't paying attention (silly gmail) so here's a copy to the
> > list too (sorry Christian).
>
> Simon Hausmann also makes builds of WebKit trunk and the QtWebKit 2.0
> branch: http://pepper.troll.no/qtwebkit/
>
> You might be able to test with that.
>
> cheers,
> Benjamin

Right, nevermind, ya'll. :)

Turns out that the flash player located in /usr/lib/mozilla was causing my
problems (I was using 10.1 pre releases). I downgraded to the latest Flash
10 version (disabling plugins is a good start to find out any problems) and
everything is working as expected. I even sent this message through rekonq.
:)

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.

BTW, you guys made some nice progress since 0.4.0 by the way, excellent
work!

--
With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Eelko Berkenpies
http://blog.berkenpies.nl/