[rekonq] Rekonq website

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:50:13 CEST 2010

On Friday 11 June 2010 02:02:35 Knut Hühne wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> rekonq has become such a great web-browser and I truly enjoy using it.
> Some time ago I thought about how nice it would be if I would be able to
> contribute in some way. I am not really a programmer, I am doing quite well
> with html&css(and some javascript&django) though.  I saw on the techbase
> page that at some point rekonq is supposed to get a new website. I just
> wanted to ask if anyone has started working on that already or if there
> are any ideas out there. I would love to look into it and create a new
> website for rekonq. So if there is any interest in this or, which would be
> the best, if there are even some designs already out there that just need
> to be turned into a nice functional website I would love to do this.
> I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this,
>
> Knut

Knut, you are fantastic!
Consider yourself assigned to this task.. :)

About site, I did some design, yes. Better than the actual (it's not that
difficult..), ma not enough "nice" :)
Feel free to start working playing with it as you like. In my idea, the site
should have a quite "static" homepage, showing just the usual infos for the
project  and the links to our common places, changing just last released
version number & link.
I'd like to provide a new page for each new release, in the same way Firefox &
Chrome do, to use it as the "manifest" of the release and to let rekonq point
there anytime an user upgrades it.
What I really don't know is if we wanna have also a sort of blogging platform
there. This depends on what other devs say about. So, if they feel the need.

Last point here. I asked kde sysadmins for a bit of web space for rekonq + the
rekonq.kde.org domain + ftp space for our tarballs. I'm waiting for a reply.
What is clear to me is that sourceforge should be completely dropped as we
don't really use it. If kde sysadmins don't have web space available, I will
buy some.

Regards,

PS: going to add your name in the Roadmap :)