[rekonq] bug #237390

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Sun Jun 6 23:01:30 CEST 2010

Nikhil Marathe schrieb am Samstag 05 Juni 2010:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> That looks like a good patch to me. A few minor annoyances
>
> At lines 10, 125, 138, could you please put each argument on a
> separate line rather than extending the line so much.

done

> line 218, please add a comment explaining why you are removing the slash.

actually the line was already there, I just fixed the indentation. I guess
it's just to look better.

> And could you give a high level overview of what you mean by
> "UrlResolver::privilegedItem it wasn't needed anyway and I found a
> good
> workaround for that". That would make a good commit message to so that
> someone looking at the code could get a good idea of why it is the way
> it is.

well, in priviledgedItem KUrl::host() was called and it was the only place
where the KUrl was actually used. everywhere else, a QString was sufficient.
the workaround puts a dot at the end of the entered text and looks if there is
a match with the whole url. it works also if the dot is already entered, this
wasn't the case with the previous implementation.

with the attached patch, I improved the startup time with many bookmarks.
there is still an issue, that BookmarkProvider::slotBookmarksChanged(...) is
called to often, especially when editing a bookmark, every time a character
changes, this slot is called. it would be better to call it only after the
bookmark editor is closed, but I'm not familiar with the bookmark code. could
someone have a look at it?
additionally I added a few comments, removed tow functions, because they are
now not neccessary anymore and as a side effect I fixed a bookmark bug, where
the bookmakrs in the root group are not found until the bookmark button is
clicked.

regards,
mathias