[rekonq] Rekonq default

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 08:32:58 CET 2010

On February 20, 2010 02:53:37 pm Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> Last thing I forgot before is about the name "rekonq". I started (and I'm
> continuing) my pet project just for fun. So name wasn't really important. I
> named it that way just because my previous browser was konqueror and I felt
> the need of "rethink" it.
>
> kdebase or not kdebase,  the name rekonq needs to be changed. And perhaps
>  our last chance is next (0.5) release.
> I'll be happy (and, let me say, proud) to decide the right name for this
>  app with you.
> Just let me know your idea about.

What about "Wyvern"?

- it's a dragon*, so there's no need to fiddle with the logo;
- it (to me, anyways) has a nice sound to it;
- as far as I know it has no significant negative associations, other than a
distant etymological connection with vipers
- they fly, just like how rekonq should run :P

Henry de Valence

*: Wikipedia informs me that technically they have the front part of a dragon
and the rear part of a serpent, but dragon is close enough.