[rekonq] Extending rekonq through plug-ins?

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:50:30 CET 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 20:25:44 Krenar Qehaja wrote:
> Maybe you should ask for directions: For Kross implementation, Kross devs
> and KOffice devs and for QtScript implementation, the Amarok devs (AFAIK,
> Ian Monroe did the implementation).

Ok, thanks for suggestions.

> > Last thing: I'm not a Firefox daily user and I never use its extensions
> > (no,  wait, I'm using 3: Firebug, AdBlockPlus && MoonLight.)
> > Can I ask you what extensions you are used to use?
>
> Mozilla Weave (for tabs, bookmarks and browsing history sync between my
> machines), Firebug (can't live without it), AdBlockPlus, Delicious,
> Greasemonkey (a subsystem which support JS scripts to manipulate the DOM),
> Moonlight and Mozilla Jetpack (a new subsystem introduced recently which
> supports extensions written in JavaScript using a jQuery-like syntax).

In next rekonq release (0.4. I'm tagging 0.4 beta this evening) you'll find one
barrier less: an adblock implementation (quite similar to adblock plus. in
rekonq 0.5 we'll have also auto adblock list update)
And we just have webinspector. it will be at the same firebug level after Qt
4.7 release.
For a system like Mozilla Weave we just wait for KDE people help. Anyway it
seems (to me) that akonadi is a perfect candidate for this.

> What I'd like to see implemented on rekonq, is something like Mozilla
> Jetpack. Really interesting and lightweight IMHO. It enables anyone who
> knows HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create powerful Firefox add-ons. Take a
> look at https://jetpack.mozillalabs.com/ for more info.

I'll do it for sure, many thanks for. But being realistic, if everything goes
smooth, you'll find the first bits of this implementation in rekonq 0.6...

Regards,