[rekonq] Extending rekonq through plug-ins?

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:33:33 CET 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 14:48:08 Krenar Qehaja wrote:
> On Sunday 07 February 2010 23:33:42 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> > Not for now.
> > Our secret plans are to create a lightweight, stable and enough featured
> > browser based on Webkit & KDE.
>
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I probably wasn't clear enough. I was merely trying say: extending rekonq
> through scripting languages using Kross (in the KOffice fashion) or simply
> using QtScript (in Amarok, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox jetpacks fashion)
> instead of using binary plug-ins.
>
> I'm a day-to-day user of rekonq but I really miss some Firefox extensions
> and can't make a full switch.
>
> Regards

Hi Krenar,
again, the answer is: "not for now".
Problems about that are:
1) I'd like focusing yet development on creating  a lightweight, stable and
enough featured browser based on Webkit & KDE. :)
2) I'm not sure what is the best way to go for these "plugins":
I'm probably not interested on create just a dev platform over rekonq (binary
or script based, no matter). Supporting (in example) Firefox, Chrome or (at
least) konqueror plugins seem (to me) the right way to go.
Anyway, before moving in this direction I really need to understand how to do
this and how this will change rekonq behaviour, performances, development.

Last thing: I'm not a Firefox daily user and I never use its extensions (no,
wait, I'm using 3: Firebug, AdBlockPlus && MoonLight.)
Can I ask you what extensions you are used to use?

Cheers,