[rekonq] Code to open link in new tab

anglov anglov92 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:33:42 CET 2010

Hello,

I talk with 'pano' on IRC about my Code-in task. It's a one problem in the
code: now is two parts of code, which make same. It function for open plain
text links in new tab. I expanding one: now when text is selected, all text
starting with http://; https:// or www. and ending with whitespace character.

Furkan changing this code. His code was a really nice, a much better than
existing before.

My task was to extending this function for many URL. I do that and eliminated
the problem with the old code. But it's a problem.

Furkan code is very nice, because it allows to select google.com and open it
in new tab/window. It nice but... If you wrote something.something rekonq will
try open it in new tab/window too.

For many links it is not good idea - in long part of text can be some phrases
like something.something. I improve the previous solution.

But what should be do from one URL? As i wrote Furkan code is nice, but it can
be problematic. Pano suggest that I should start disscution about this issue.
Anyway I submit the patch without action for one link but I've done code for
this too.

I hope I explain the problem clearly. After my patch code should not colide
but I'm not sure who code are better for one url like text.

Regards,

anglov