[rekonq] Re: Contribute

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Mon Dec 13 19:42:30 CET 2010

On 12/13/2010 07:31 PM, ext Jon Ander Peñalba wrote:
 > I really like how all this sounds. Only one concern, wont it be harder
 > (if at all possible) to implement the process-per-tab feature having
 > only one graphics view?
 >
 > If we have to choose between one or the other, I'm certainly in favor of
 > all this fancy stuff, I've never found process-per-tab that important :)

With the current design we have for WebKit 2, having a single graphics
view is not an issue, quite the contrary.

In WebKit 2, the process boundary is done between QGraphicsWKView and
the rest of WebKit. So having multiple processes would be as simple as
having multiple items in that scene.

This is experimental, WebKit 2 is far from ready, but the two problems
are not contradictory at the moment.
Ideally, we should keep the webview interfaces very clean, and migrating
to WebKit 2 in 1 or 2 years would be possible.

cheers,
Benjamin