[rekonq] Urlbar improvements

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 14 11:05:04 CEST 2010

Le Mercredi 14 Avril 2010 09:43:09, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
> On Wednesday 14 April 2010 08:00:41 megabigbug wrote:
> > > Sure you don't need? I have 4 pcs at home called (without fantasy)
> > > "server", "mediacenter" , "blackbox" (my notebook) and "wifebox" :).
> > > And a router called "router".
> > > Typing one of these names rekonq searched google for them as first
> > > result, while now it rightly loads them.
> >
> > just type http://server the first time
> > the second time it will be in the history, and inserted as first item of
> > the list.
>
> Sure? Aren't "yourpreferredengine" searches shown before history?

I always said I want place the most relevent item at the top of the list.

The first time, if the user type "server", the most relevent is the search
item. We can add an engine (bad name, resolver ?) that interrogates a dns when
the user stops typing. This engine can add "Browse http://server" as second
item when this domain name is resolved.

The second time, if the user type "server" (and he previously browses
http://server), "http://server" will be in the history. Items are not grouped
by engine types in the list (this is why an icon is now always visible at
right for each item: each item is independant). If an history item is more
relevent than the search item, it will be placed at the top of the list.

Are you ok with this use case ?