[rekonq] Homepage style

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 24 10:07:58 CEST 2009

> About homepage layout. The only thing I REALLY like about
> it is the ~70% of
> space for previews + some blocks of additional
> informations: simple and clear.

I don't like it. It is asymetric. But it is clearly subjective.

> My idea about that is that we'll arrive to configure:
> A) what sites you'd like to preview (last 9 visited sites,
> your 9 preferred
> sites, ...??)

If you display the most viewed bookmark the user doesn't need configure something.

> B) What blocks (2-3 max) you'd like to have (Google search,
> recent history,
> bookmarks, recently closed tabs, ....??)

I would like an area for bookmarks at the top part of the homepage and a "line" area at the bottom for previews of "recently closed tabs".

If we save "recently closed tabs" of the previous rekonq execution, we will not need restore them as tabs at startup. Rekonq will continue to start fast ; the user will have a clean tabbar and he will be able to reload wanted tabs.

> Does this idea fit with yours?

No, but we can debate.