[rekonq] rekonq wiki on KDE Techbase

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:45:24 CEST 2009

On Monday 12 October 2009 09:03:12 Eelko Berkenpies wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 October 2009 22:32:30 Panagiotis Papadopoulos wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I "moved" (rather simply copied) the wiki page from sourceforge to KDE
> >>  Techbase:
> >>
> >> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/rekonq
> >>
> >> This is just a simple reminder, not to work on the sourceforge wiki
> >>  anymore. :-)
> >>
> >> A sideeffect of this move is, that everyone can now contribute to the
> >> wiki, without the need of admin rights for the sourceforge project page.
> >>
> >> :-)
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >
> > Thanks for this
> >
> > --
> > Andrea Diamantini, adjam
> > GPG Fingerprint: 57DE 8E32 7D1A 0E16 AA52 59D8 84F9 3ECD DBF9 730F
> >
> > rekonq project
> > WEB: http://rekonq.sourceforge.net
> > IRC: rekonq at freenode

> I've had a chat with Anne Wilson (the UserBase guru) about this too. A
> side effect of moving the wiki over to TechBase is that you need to
> keep an close eye on the content. Strictly seen, TechBase should only
> contain the technical stuff and UserBase should contain all the other
> (general) stuff and CommunityBase (which is going to appear soon)
> needs to hold the community related stuff (I guess).
>
> This is more a general note, I'm not trying to make a statement here.
> It got me confused because I was not (still not am) sure where to put
> up a draft for documentation. I'd personally say it'd need to go to
> UserBase instead of TechBase.
>
> I was about to mention this on IRC but I got caught up on life. :)

I think techbase is the right place for. Techbase is the devs wiki, so if you
need to share something with developers (and translators, artists, docs
writers) you should use that.
UserBase is the software interface with final users, searching infos about
features, settings and so on.
Think of it as an on line handbook.
You can write docs there, not use as starting point to decide what writing on.

At least, this is my vision of these different platforms.