[rekonq] [RFC] the road to rekonq 0.3.0

Ronny Scholz ronny_scholz at web.de
Sun Oct 11 20:19:14 CEST 2009

Am Freitag 09 Oktober 2009 10:09:41 schrieb Andrea Diamantini:

> > In the roadmap there is no mention of "awesomebar" there is "oneurlbar"
> > planned for 0.3, are those the same?
>
> No, in rekonq 0.2 there was one urlbar for each webview. Now we have just
>  ONE urlbar for each mainwindow.
> The awesome bar is a new urlbar based on krunner (alt + f2 in standard kde
> installation).
> I never worked on. I heard about Lionel, Ivan and/or someone else playing
>  with that, but for example I'm aware of problems with history management.
>  We need to share konqueror history before.
> I'm thinking about a general implementation for kdewebkit of this (shared
> history) but obviously I need time (kde 4.5?)
>
> If we wanna work on that bringing other directions (change actual urlbar,
> implement a new runner, etc..) just tell it here.

This means that we should make the default search engine setting work for
rekonq 0.3. At the moment google is hardcoded.

I removed the hardcoded setting, which already does the trick. Seems like the
default search engine setting is taken into account by the following call to
KUriFilter.
The patch is attached.

@Andrea: Sorry for sending the first mail to you directly. This patch here also
removes some more code which is already handled by KUriFilter.