[rekonq] some feedback :)

Michael Mair-Keimberger m.mairkeimberger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 22:26:48 CET 2009

dear rekonq devs

First of all, big thx for this great browser. Im using rekonq now since this
weekend and i'm really impressed. I already tried rekonq at the very beginning
of its development (via the live ebuild from gentoo) where it was just usable,
but since than rekonq made huge improvents.
Im trying now to use rekonq as often as possible (i already changed my default
browser to rekonq in kde).

I also wanted to share some feedback, which i don't like/miss in rekonq: :)

* site preview when hover over a tab:
that is really a nice fancy feature first time i saw that, especially because
i never saw that in other browsers. But i think its not very helpfull (at
least fo me), it would be nice to make it optional.

* favorite site:
maybe its already planed, but it would be nice to change the background. or do
you plan to make it "themeable" (like in chrome)? At least changing the colour
would be really nice, since i'm using a dark colour-scheme and the white
background dosn't fit well.

* search bar (strg+f)
another nice feature would be if it would be possible to mark all hits of a
keyword on a site. Like in firefox it mark all hits on a website in yellow.

* searching on a website:
besides the search bar it would be also nice if i could search words on site
by simple typing the word "into the browser". (again, something which i miss
from firefox)

* kwallet integration:
I think i already read somewhere that this is planned, but if not: kwallet
integration for the password would be very nice too. ;)

* secure site's:
I also found a problem on rekonq. Actually i cannot access to site's where a
password/username is needed. For example on gmx.at. I always get an connection
timeout.
Maybe its better to make an bug-report about that, i just wanted to mentioned
that ;)

Besides these little things, i really love this browser. Please keep up the
great work, and maybe try to keep rekonq as simple as possible.
I think the biggest advanteges of this browser is its fastness (like arora,
which is also a great browser, but under kde, rekonq is defently the better
choice). Both at page-loading and general usage (browser-startup and tabbing,
maybe letter could be improved ;) )

I hope i could help you with my feedback. I also really looking forward for
the next releases of rekonq.

As a side note: Sorry for my bad english ;)

greetings from Austria
Michaael