[rekonq] Looking for a LINUX web kit base to do some customization...

Doug Dillon Doug.Dillon at hughes.com
Fri May 22 22:27:14 CEST 2009

Hoping rekonq might be a good starting place. I'm looking for a web
browser than can scale up so that I can run hundreds of instances (for
something like spidering) on a single LINUX platform. What I'm looking
for will be the heart of a 10 man project with perhaps opportunities
for consulting. The running browsers will not have to provide a GUI
that can be actually viewed.

Can you either provide quick answers or provide pointers to where I
can find answers to the following:
(a) Can rekonq use the adobe flash 10 plug-in?
(b) Can rekonq run as a 64-bit LINUX program? How about with the flash 10 plug-in?
(c) How does rekonq track the web-kit project in general and is it
picking up any of the Chromium optimizations (like the JS engine,
etc.)?

Thanks in advance,

Douglas M Dillon, 240-383-6846

Please copy my gmail address.