[rekonq] Release scheme

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:11:58 CEST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 15:33:17 kaboon wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I know that rekonq is roughly said to be your "plaything" but are you
> planning on having some sort of release scheme? If I remember
> correctly I've read something about one version per month in the past.
>
> In other words, I'm curious when to expect a new official (test)
> version because I saw that work has started on 0.1.2 in the GIT
> development trunk (right?) does that mean you guys are wrapping up /
> preparing 0.1.1 to be released?

These days I had so much work that I had no time to play at all.. ;)
Anyway.. to know our (currently, my?!) release scheme, you need just to ask.

No plans for 0.1.1 release.

Growing numbers mean just new things done. And some numbers of commits pushed.
That's really like KDE development (currently 4.2.91). I'm trying to respect
weekly upgrades, but ...

In trunk we have rekonq ported to kdewebkit. (0.1.1 && 0.1.2), history &
bookmarks fixes (0.1.3) and KDE 4.2 support (0.1.4)
Next features wanted before 0.2 release are
- KService support (gg: shortcut, open pdf with okular and so on..)
- UI changes (nothing yet decided there, but a "chroming".. ;)
- integrate urlbar && internet search bar
- various fixes (some just done)

I'm currently working on KService support. I hope I can do quite all in two
weeks, to release 0.2.alpha during akademy.

That's quite all, I think.
Regards,
--
Andrea Diamantini,