[rekonq] Webshortcuts

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 31 17:54:18 CEST 2009

Andrea, can we discuss about webshortcuts ?

With the merge I propose, the url bar works exactly as konqueror url bar.

With you implementation you want overide webshortcuts behavior, and it causes
problems.

When the delimiter is space and the default search engine is google, with you
implementation and with the query: cruel world

you detect it is relative and it doesn't contain .
setScheme("gg") adds gg: to the query => gg:cruel world
as the delimiter is space KUriFilter doesn't detect gg:cruel as a webshortcut
so it use google and search:  gg:cruel world

Your implémentation works only if the delimiter is colon.

If you replace setScheme("gg") with a function adding gg and a space to cruel
world => gg cruel world
Then it will detect gg, but it will not works with other webshortcuts.

What can be done ?