[rekonq] Awesome bar Idea: KRunner

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:02:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is a great (strike that and replace with AWESOME) idea, but it does have
a few (solvable) issues:
1 - not all standard runners are useful for rekonq -> some kind of restricting
them would need to be done
2 - this would introduce plugins through a back door -> crashes (trust me, I
*know* what I'm talking about)
3 - runners can be /strange/ and from some of them extracting URL wouldn't be
easy (it would be super-daft if we launch konqueror or firefox when the user
enters an URL)

With all that said, I am still for this idea, and would even volunteer to do
it.

1 and 3 would be easy to bypass if rekonq started shipping its own runners
(like Amarok does with plasma applets) which wouldn't mix with the regular
ones...

Cheerio