[rekonq] [RFC] Removing rekonq menubar

Johannes Zellner webmaster at nebulon.de
Wed Jul 29 13:14:35 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 29 July 2009 12:50:44 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 juillet 2009 12:32:18, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
> > From recent development I'm quite unsure about this. Lionel is clearly
> > favourable about removing (forever) menubar.
> >
> > At this point we need just to integrate in rekonq tools menu the font
> > actions and the help menu. History can be visualized in the panel and/or
> > in the back button menu (to be decided).
> > And that's all. No more menubar in rekonq.
> >
> > Opinions? Suggestions?
>
> When I say remove, I want say hidden by default.
> People can reactivate it (with an option in the configuration panel).
>
> For the font actions, I don't understand why they are needed. You have
> found websites where the font size must be changed ? For me it must be a
> global setting in the configuration panel.
> Page text encoding might be a local action (but it is not in Rekonq).

I think to hide (not remove) the menubar by default is pretty good, like
already stated, all relevant actions are available through the tools menu and
more space available for the webpage content is most important I think.

I'm using the font-size actions sometime, especially for a big screen like my
TV to fill-up the space left and right in the webview for some pages.
But that is even without visible buttons really convenient with ctrl+wheel and
ctrl++/ctrl+-
I never click on 10times a zoombutton if I can use the mouse wheel or a direct
keyshortcut.

Please keep this tools-menu as small as possible ;-)

Thanks,

Johannes