[rekonq] Re : [RFC] THE ROAD TO REKONQ 0.2

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 29 00:36:06 CEST 2009

> I'll toss up some ideas:
> - setting an image as wallpaper from the context menu (unfortunately,
> Webkit is not very good at telling whether one is right-clicking on an
> image or not)

Why not, but is this really useful for browsing ?

> - integration with Okular to display PDFs in the browser

Not a good Idea. If you want to do that, it is easier to work on webkit-part
and use Konqueror. It is another way but it is not the one of Rekonq.

> - integration with Dolphin for browsing FTP/Webdav

Idem

> - integration with KGet for download management

Yes, but less important than KWallet for example.

> - being able to open a new Rekonq window if Rekonq is already open
> (sometimes you *do* want to look at two pages side by side - also extremely
> convenient for working with multiple desktops), and moving tabs from one to
> the other

Yes, but after "One process per tab" implementation

> - "awesome bar" like Firefox (though Opera and I believe Chrome
> have also something similar) which would let you find past history entries
> from URL, title, etc... - maybe Nepomuk could help with that.

Yes, it must be done but not critical.