[rekonq] Re : Re : [RFC] New rekonq tools menu

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 24 10:54:12 CEST 2009

I made mockups to discuss what we can plan for a long term if we hide by
default the menubar.

http://forge.info.univ-angers.fr/~lionelc/images/mockup.png

1) it is not related to the tools menu, but: I would like to know how the home
icon is used. Who use it and why ? Could we replace it we it with a special
page is the new tab, like Chrome and IE ?

2)  I know "Web inspector" is a cool feature, but I think we must not ennoy
common users. Imo, it must be in a submenu.

3) Use the print preview dialog of Arora.  The direct "Print ..." item of the
menubar is not needed for the tool menu, because we can launch print from
the print preview.
	a) Can we integrate it in kde, with a tool bar instead buttons ?

4) Use the clear private data dialog of Arora. The "clear history" item of the
menubar is then not needed for the tools menu.

5) The "configure rekonq" dialog must be modified to add setting actions that
are in the menubar.
	a,b) Shortcuts and Toolbar settings are importants to tune rekonq, but they
are not important to use it. They can be added in the configuration panel.
	c) The "Switch application language" is useful for rekonq developers, but not
for common users. It can be in the configuration panel, not in the menu.
	d) We discuss on this feature in an other thread.
	e) If we hide the menu and bookmarks bar by default, "Show menu bar" and
"Show bookmarks bar" items must be added in the configuration panel.

6) We must discuss the "About Rekonq" dialog.
From the menubar, it must contains:
-something about kde.
-report bug
-translate this application

Without menubar, a common user needs:
-a way to copy/paste without shortuts and right click. I have the idea of
toolbar floating hover selection. See the thread "[Mockup] contextual actions".
I studied the code of qtwebkit it is not easy to do :(.
-help.