[rekonq] Re : Re : [RFC] New rekonq tools menu

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:39:08 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 July 2009 12:38:21 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> >My initial idea was to let available useful actions that haven't a
> > "common" shortcut and that are "rekonq" good features.
> >So, in example, no to cut-copy-paste and find actions (CTRL + X,C,V and F)
> > but yes to private browsing, web inspector (rekonq good features) and
> > fullscreen actions (useful action).
> >
> >Now I'm a bit disappointed (is this the right term??) All your objections
> > are good ideas.
>
> It is not objections :)

Yeah, right.. :)

> >My remaining concept is to let available a "not so long" actions list :)
>
> Yes it must not be a big menu.

ok.

> >Let's provide there just the most useful and common actions. If user needs
> >something more, it can:
> >- remember shortcut (and use that)
> >- activate menubar (CTRL+M) and search there
> >
> >Sounds good?
>
> Yes this is  good for a short term.
> For a long term we have two paths:
> - hide the global menu by default and make it easily accessible for full
> features. - hide the global menu  by default and make it not needed because
> simple features are accessible in a more intuitive way than shortcuts or
> menus.
>
> For software with many actions (like konqueror, koffice) I prefer the first
> path. For software with limited actions such as a web browser, I prefer the
> second.

I'm interested in this your idea (the second path), but I really cannot
understand how we can achieve it and why this is a long term goal.

.. a more intuitive way than shortcuts or menus...

That's the point! Please explain me a little bit better.

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode